Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Nicki Minaj Bold Beautiful Fashion Style

Her style is bold and beautiful to her fans.  The same style has been described as over the top.  Regardless of how you describe Nicki Minaj's fashion style, she turn heads and sells albums.

Born to parents from Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago as Onika Tanya Maraj, she moved to New York City Borough of Queens at age 5.

For Nicki it was the turmoil in her early life that will drive her to success. Her Dad, a chronic drug abuser piled torment on the family.  In one of the family lows, he set fire to their home in a botched attempt to kill Nicki's mom. "I've always had this female-empowerment thing in the back of my mind because I wanted my mother to be stronger, and she couldn't be. I thought, if I'm successful, I can change her life" was how Nicki will sum it all up in a powerful sentiment how you can draw strength and inspiration from adversity.

She attended La Guardia High School of Music and Art where she developed her craft. She took on backup singing roles for some local New York artists to get in the game and then she started writing her own material.  When Dirty Money CEO Fendi listened to her music on her Myspace page, he signed her immediately to his label.  This will later lead her to Lil Wayne who will showcase her talent and style in various collaborations and the rest is history.

Last year while in Playa del Carmen, Mexico I heard her Super Bass single off the Pink Friday album played so many times it grew on me, you can listen to it here. Nicki Minaj has collaborated with some of the best out there including Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Rihanna and Justin Bieber.

Thanks for stopping by...




















Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment