Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Kate Middleton Fashion Icon Status Questioned

Kate Middleton the Duchess of Cambridge busting a red Alexander McQueen frock at the Queen's Jubilee Celebration drew a lot of wows, and some subdued em sneers for a lack of originality as reality star royalty Kim Kardashian already donned a shorter, sleeveless version of the frock, running errands. Yikes.


Photo credit, Huffingtonpost.com


So the natural question, who wore the frock better? Most of the commentary I read was more sympathetic to the Duchess, as many cited how much more classy she is than Kim Kardashian.  But I beg to differ.  This red frock is heavy on straight lines and in my view, not as complimenting on Kate's slender and boyish frame.  Straight line accents on dress work better on curvy body types as it provides a contrast in geometry.  Any body agree with me on this, or I am out to lunch?  Share your comments below.  Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment