Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nikon d800, First Impressions With Sample Pictures

Waiting a month and a half for the Nikon d800 felt like an eternity but after using it for almost a week now, I am mildly pleased with it's performance.

I ordered the dslr camera through Saneal Camera store April ending.  I counted two occasions that I called to find out my ranking on the waiting list.  Both times the news was grim.  Then last week I got off work, checked my voicemail and I instantly lighted up.  The beast is finally here.

I changed plans and raced to the Camera Store with lightning speed. Along with the d800, I grabbed the Nikkor 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 and the Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lenses.  John at the Saneal Camera store, Southcentre Mall location was very informative and gracious in assistance.

The excitement turned to reality quickly.  Mind-numbingly steep learning curve. A quick drive to Cochrane to see Paul and Janet, Nikon enthusiasts, was the inspiration I needed.

For practice I brought the Nikon gear to Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary and managed a handful of pictures shared below.  My greatest challenge was keeping a steady hand before taking the shots.

Overall my every expectation is met and I am happy with the d800 and the 28-300mm lens choice.














Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment