Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Macrophotography of Spring Flowers, Calgary

Spring is a good time to photograph flowers in the prime of their bloom. Location is Calgary, South side. The implements of the art include an iPad, a Panasonic DMC-TZ3 camera and iPhoto for editing.  The subjects were neighbourhood floral blossoms.  And the mission was pursuit of natural beauty!

Now let me get this caveat out of the way.  I am an under-equipped amateur photographer so these photos are not very sharp. I did not use a tripod and the inclement weather that typifies Calgary presented very windy conditions that further degraded the sharpness of the photos.  But the natural colour saturation of the flowers in my mind more than made up for the lack of razor-sharp focus.  In the future I will be looking out for flowers that are dripping with dew or adorned with pollinating insects to add more character to the floral subjects.

Lighting was provided by the soft evening sun.  I can't wait to do this all over again with a semi-professional camera, a macro lens, complete with a tripod, until then I will welcome a critical review of these photos presented here....

I should add that I am mildly amused how much bokeh I achieved in some of the close-ups.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment